Last Updated: October 31, 2021
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about our customers, and individuals within our non-customer audience, which may include information:
- By which you or your household may be personally identified, which may include without limitation, your name, date of birth, address, e-mail address, IP address, telephone number, social security number, taxpayer identification number, bank account information, or any other identifier you may have provided by which you or your household may be identified.
- Collected automatically by the Platform, which may include without limitation, IP addresses, unique device identifiers, cookie identifiers, hash identifiers, device and browser settings and information, internet service provider information and other details relating to your usage of the Platform.
- On your social media profiles (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, etc.) if you chose to interact with us on those platforms.
- Relating to prospective or completed transactions, which may include without limitation, certain demographic information, payment details, property addresses, and the volume of deals contemplated.
- Relating to correspondence you have with us and our team members, which may include without limitation, call recordings, archived chat sessions, and email or text messages exchanged.
- Provided during our underwriting process which may include, without limitation, bank statements detailing available balances and other information, tax documents, income verifications, and certain ACH data (collectively, “Financial Information“).
- Relating to any inferences we draw from the forgoing information (collectively, “Personal Information“).
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, like when you fill out forms on the Platform, provide financial information during our underwriting process, speak with a member of our team, or reach out to us via social media.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Platform or interact with our email and/or text messages.
- From certain third parties, like advertising networks, technology partners, analytics providers, or social media platforms.
- From third party lead sources (i.e. Bigger Pockets, Connected Investor Link, Private Lender Link, etc.)
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate to, through or otherwise interact with the Platform, we or certain third parties may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including but not limited to:
- Details of your visits to the Platform, including traffic and usage data, geolocation data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Platform.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, your IP address, browsing activity, your operating system, and browser type.
- Information relating to your engagement with the emails and text messages we send you.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection include, but are not limited to:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Platform may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Platform. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- A Pixel is code that is placed on a website that allows one to measure, optimize, and build audiences for advertising served on that website. The Platform uses pixels on certain social media sites like Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Google Analytics. We use “Google Analytics” to collect information about the usage of the Platform. This service collects information about how often users visit the Platform, what pages they visit and when they visit, as well as what other websites they used prior to landing on the Platform, among other additional information. We use this information to improve of Platform and our services.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
Our Advertising Partners
We work with certain third-party companies, including NextRoll, who may serve you advertisements across the internet, track and categorize your activity and interests over time on the Platform, and on third-party websites and mobile applications, and to identify the different device(s) you use to access the Platform. To learn more about NextRoll’s privacy practices, please visit https://www.nextroll.com/privacy. We share information with these companies, and these companies may collect information in the manners described in this Policy. These third-party companies may also possess or obtain information about you from your interactions directly with them, with other websites, mobile applications, or companies that the third-party companies work with, or from your interactions with advertisements the third-party companies help to display to you. The information that these companies collect or that we share may be used to customize or personalize the advertisements that are displayed to you.
We may share Personal Information with the third-party companies we work with in the manners and for the purposes described in this Policy.
As described above, some content or applications, including advertisements, on the Platform are served by third parties.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
You can manage third-party advertising preferences for some of the third parties we work with to serve advertising across the internet by using the choices available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and www.aboutads.info/choices.
We do not guarantee that all of the third parties we work with will honor the elections you make using those options, but we strive to work with third parties that do. Additionally, while we strive to offer you choices when you use the Platform, we do not promise that we will be able to receive, or honor Do Not Track signals.
Certain portions or segments of the Platform may offer additional privacy settings.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including Personal Information:
- To provide you with products and services, including to complete the transactions for which the information was provided, improve our borrowers’ experiences and our process, to maintain proper business functions, to engage with you and others, and to provide you with information about products and services that we think you will like.
- To respond to you, such as when you request a quote, call us, text us, make a request or inquiry, enter a newsletter, marketing list or segment, complete a survey, or share a comment or concern.
- To personalizeyour experiences with us, including to present the Platform and its contents to you, to remember your interests and preferences, track deals on our contact relationship database, customize the products and services we share with you, facilitate your interactions with loan officers, and to enrich your experience during the loan process, and on the Platform.
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as sending you marketing and advertising communications, checking creditworthiness and making pre-screen loan offers, and to customize the marketing and advertising that we show you.
- For analytics, to understand how you use the Platform, track your activity on and off the Platform, and between your devices, throughout your customer lifecycle, including by identifying the different websites you visit to understand how you search and partner with a lender, to determine the methods and devices used to access the Platform and improve the Platform.
- For our business purposes, such as operating and improving upon our business, maintaining our programs, contacts, and records, for research, determining your satisfaction with our products and services, detecting, and preventing fraud or misuse of our services, and for any other legitimate business purpose.
- For legal and safety purposes, such as defending or protecting us, our customers, you, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings, protecting or enforcing our rights, protecting our security and the security of our customers, employees, and property, responding to legal process, or addressing legal and regulatory compliance.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to the Platform or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction, including to write and publish case studies.
We may disclose your Personal Information that we collect, or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To third parties engaged with us to help potential borrowers learn more about real estate investment and related topics and/or connect with their various real estate services and offerings.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- Social media platforms and networks such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Bigger Pockets that offer connection through the Platform. We encourage you to review your privacy options and settings with the social media platforms and networks you use to understand what choices you have about sharing information from those platforms and networks with us.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, liquidation, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of i Fund Cities assets.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- For any other lawful purpose.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of i Fund Cities and/or its affiliates, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Under no circumstances will i Fund Cities sell your Financial Information or share it or any portion thereof with any third party for their direct marketing purposes.
Communicating with Us
We strive to offer you choices about how you would like to hear from us. Your communication choices include:
- Email Choices. You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails by using the “unsubscribe” link or mechanism noted in marketing or advertising emails you receive from us. You may also request to opt out of marketing or advertising emails by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that it may take one to two weeks to process your opt out request.
- Direct Mail Choices. You may opt out of receiving marketing or advertising by direct mail by contacting us at email@example.com and sharing the name and mailing address that you would like to opt out. Please note that these requests may take up to 8–10 weeks to become effective.
Telephone Choices (calls and texts). You may opt out of receiving marketing or advertising calls or text messages by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the phone number and that you would like to opt out. For text messages, you also may be able to text “STOP” in response to a text message that you receive
Your California Privacy Rights
As a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your Personal Information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit [CCPA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS].
Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A allows Nevada residents to submit a request to opt-out of the sale of their data. Nevada residents can make such a request by emailing us at email@example.com. Please include the words “Nevada Sales Opt-Out Request” in the subject line of your email.
European Economic Area
Our services, including the Platform, are not targeted towards any customer located in the European Economic Area (“EEA“), and as such, is not subject to EU data protection law. By using the Platform, any customer located in the EEA consents to have their Personal Information transferred, processed, and stored in the United States, and understands and consents to the collection and use of their Personal Information in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, exfiltration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. If we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we reasonably strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information transmitted to the Platform. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk.
We will post any changes we make to this Policy on this page, so please check back periodically for updates. If we make a material change to this Policy, we will notify you. Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions about this.
Persons Under the Age of 18
The Platform is not intended for use by people under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect information from persons under the age of 18.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at:
or via our toll-free number: 215 770 1505